Google
 

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Chemistry Question - Practical Qns

Hey can you pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help me with a qn.

This is for the chemistry spa I would be sitting tmr (SEC 3)



During an acid base titration, what are the possible sources of experimental error?



It would be great If I could get a reply today bcos as I have mentioned earlier I am sitting for the science practical O LEVELS tmr!!

THANKS.


Three most common ones are:

1) Parallax Error - Wrong placing of the eye while taking readings
2) Meniscus reading - Should be done at the bottom of the meniscus curve, not above or within the curve
3) Washing of the conical flask with analyte before titration. This causes additional amount of analyte to be included into the flask (in addition to the actual amount that you intended to pipette in)

Sean
SimpleChemConcepts

0 comments: